Administrative Assistant/ Volunteer Contractor - Calgary Climate Hub Six month Contract position with a possibility of extension
Maximum of 17 Hours a week - $28/hr
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Start Date: July 1st 2022
Application Deadline: June 15th 2022
Application: Email [email protected]
The Calgary Climate Hub is an equal-opportunity employer, and ENCOURAGES applications from gender and sexually diverse candidates, racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.
We are a non-profit organization, seeking a part time ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ VOLUNTEER CONTRACTOR to join our team of climate solution strategists, creative thinkers, and collaborators. Our team consists of incredibly engaged citizens who believe that the time to act on climate change is now.
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated person to join our team. The Administrative Assistant / Volunteer Contractor will report to the Director and also be a resource to the various nodes. The position coordinates several functions within the Calgary Climate Hub.
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: You have guided the work of others ensuring organizational goals are met.
- HIGH LEVEL OF DIGITAL LITERACY: You will have experience with website and database management, Slack and Google Workspace. Experience with Nation Builder is an asset.
- FOCUS ON QUALITY AND DETAILS: Ensuring that tasks are completed with a focus on accuracy and quality. You will be able to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- COOPERATION & COLLABORATION: Strong collaborator and team player, but also capable of receiving and actioning directions from leadership.
Coordination of Volunteers
- Targeted Recruiting: to ensure all agency volunteer resource needs are met
- Effective Training: to increase the knowledge and competence of volunteers
- Regular Supervision: to encourages growth and development of volunteers
- Meaningful Recognition: to acknowledge the contribution of volunteers
- Outcome Measurement: to document all aspects of the Volunteer Program
Coordination of Agency Administration: Maintain and improve CCH’s administrative operations through:
- Manage the Society email account/ website/Slack and Google docs
- Act effectively as the first point of contact for the Calgary Climate Hub
- Track Calgary Climate Hub statistics
- Provide orientation on Agency tools (Google Workspace, Slack, Nationbuilder) and processes to Node leaders and volunteers as required
To apply: Subject line: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ VOLUNTEER CONTRACTOR Job. Please attach a cover letter and a resume and respond to the following in the body of the email:
- Give us an example of a time when you displayed exceptional attention to detail.
- What digital skills do you have?
This is a part time contractor position for six months to a maximum of 17 hours a week. It is a remote position but will require some attendance at in-person events. Access to a laptop, high-speed internet, and a cell phone is required.
Do you like this page?