Our second pick of the year is The Citizen's Guide to Climate Success: Overcoming Myths that Hinder Progress by Mark Jaccard. You can find it available for download free of cost here.
We will be meeting to discuss the book on Wednesday, June 8th at 7 PM. Check out the event page for more info.
Mark Jaccard is a Canadian energy economist and author. His research focuses on the design and application of models that assess sustainability policies for energy and climate. Jaccard holds the title of Distinguished Professor for teaching sustainable energy in the School of Resource and Environmental Management (REM) at Simon Fraser University.
More importantly, Jaccard shows how to distinguish climate-sincere from insincere politicians and increase the chance of electing and sustaining these leaders in power. In combining the personal and the political, The Citizen's Guide to Climate Success offers a clear and simple strategic path to solving the greatest problem of our times."
An interview with the author
Mark Jaccard was a guest on a 2020 episode of our ongoing series A Climate Of Change. Check out the interview below!
Come Read with Us!
To become a part of the book club and receive relevant communications and meeting links, sign up below:
The Book Club is available to all CCH members. Not a member yet?? you can easily become a Hub member here!
And be sure to check out our events section for more activities!
When attending Book Club meetings, please remember our Code of Conduct:
- Be on time (preferably a couple of minutes early).
- Ideally, have your video on unless you are experiencing connection issues.
- Keep yourself muted until you are ready to speak to minimize background noise.
- Let everyone have a chance to speak. Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants.
- Participate authentically and actively. Everyone has the right to pass.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Listen to other members even if they have a different opinion or perspective than you.
Failure to follow the code of conduct will result in the participant's removal from the discussion.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Do you like this page?