Volunteer Orientation - March 7, 8 or 15, 2020
Welcome, prospective volunteers!
Please join us at one of these 3 orientations for our 1st Spring survey season! March 7, 8 or 15, 2020. (Pls note: There will be no others until Fall 2020. Attending orientation is a mandatory requirement to become a volunteer.)
Choose from 3 dates and locations.
3 hours in length. First 2 hours is an introduction to our programming, our partnerships, review of our wildlife permits, how surveys are conducted, and all the important pieces.
A brief break and then outside for a demonstration: safe handling of injured birds and bats found, and how to conduct the survey. These are your first 3 official volunteer hours! (Please feel free to bring your lunch if attending the 1st session.)
- Spring surveys start Sunday, March 29. Last day is Sunday, June 7.
- You're joining a welcoming, inclusive, like-minded, inspiring group of volunteers ready to show you the ropes.
- You'll work in teams with rescue/survey kits.
- Shifts are 7 days/week and about 2 hours each. (No minimum shift requirement.)
- You don't have to be a morning person to sign up ... but you may become one! This is the time when most birds and bats are located, and downtown is gorgeous at dawn.
- New role for support drivers - when there's a rescue, meet the survey team and transport patients for treatment.
Do you like this page?