Thank you for your interest in the Calgary Climate Hub.
We would love to have you become an active member in the Hub! We are a member-driven organization, so if you are not already a member, head on over to our membership page first. That will let you get our newsletter with up-to-date information about new and ongoing volunteer opportunities.
The Hub organizes our work through volunteer-led ‘Nodes’ which take on specific tasks. Some Nodes advocate to City Hall to implement climate-related policies, some build partnerships with other organizations, some plan events, and others do the equally important work of keeping the Hub up and running by helping with our fundraising, communications and tech support.
Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more details on how Nodes work.
Due to COVID-19, our opportunities to volunteer have changed. We still need help in the following specific areas:
- Tech Node to help maintain our website and build our capacity for online events during the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Node to help stay in contact with members during social distancing. Contact email@example.com
- Nature Node is looking for members to help plan activities and take action on key issues. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Climate of Change, our weekly speaker series about what comes after the pandemic, is looking for someone to help with social media. Contact email@example.com
- The Green Stimulus Campaign is working on how to make sure that Calgary's efforts to re-start the economy focus on environmental sustainability, climate mitigation, and a just transition to a carbon neutral economy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To join one of our Nodes, please choose one of the options below. It is best to start with one Node as it makes it easier for us to get in touch. If you have areas you’re passionate about, or skills you’d like to use, please let us know!
Not ready to volunteer yet? That's okay. Let us know what you are interested in so you will get emails related to those areas.
Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.