Personal or Community Fundraising
Are you interested in running a community or personal event and raising money to support the Calgary Climate Hub? Fantastic!
Whether it is a walk-athon, bake sale or donations collected from a community event, we have some tips to help you make your efforts a great success.
1. Inform us of your intention to run your event. Email us at [email protected] with your name, the date and time of the event, and the kind of fundraising activity you'll be running.
2. Spread the word about your event, and your reasons for fundraising to support grassroots, local climate action. A genuine, personal story will inspire a connection with your donors. Consider emailing potential donors and attendees a few weeks early to invite them to the event, and again to remind them a day or two before it.
3. Host your event and collect your donations. At this time, the Calgary Climate Hub is unable to provide tax receipts for donations. Keep track of your donors, and their contact information, if possible.
4. Contact us again to arrange the submission of your collected donations. Email us at [email protected] to make arrangements.
5. Contact your donors to thank them for their donations, as soon as you can after the event. Consider emailing potential donors who could not attend to express thanks and share how successful you were.
6. Feel terrific for contributing to climate action in Calgary! Fundraising can be challenging. Take some time to celebrate your amazing accomplishment.
We've partnered with SkipTheDepot
What is SkipTheDepot? A door-to-door bottle collection service that makes refundable recycling and fundraising easier than 1,2,3
- Download the app and book a pickup using
- Place your bags outside
- Receive a refund or donate to us!
SkipTheDepot will allow everyone to donate directly to our organization with ease.
Do you like this page?