The Calgary Climate Hub has two very different membership fees: $5 and $50. This is intentional.
As a non-profit organization, it is very difficult to raise funds for day-to-day operations. Membership fees are a key item of our revenue, and the $50 fee will pay for approximately two hours of our Volunteer Coordinator's time. However, we also recognize that many members can't afford this, and offer an alternative fee of $5 for full membership.
As a member, you get the following:
- You will receive regular updates about the Hub's upcoming events through our newsletters
- You have the ability to volunteer for us in the areas that interest you
- You have voting rights during the Hub's AGM’s and Special Meetings (including election of the Boards of Directors)
- You can develop initiatives aligned with the Hub Mission and Vision
- You can run for a Director position
The Hub relies on members to do the majority of the work. We organize our work through volunteer-led ‘Nodes’ which take on specific tasks. Some Nodes advocate to City Hall to implement climate-related policies, some build partnerships with other organizations, some plan events, and others do the equally important work of keeping the Hub up and running by helping with our fundraising, communications and tech support. We also run Community Climate Conversations about once a month to get people talking to each other.
Once you have joined, please visit our volunteer page to choose an area that interests you, and someone will be in touch.
If you want to donate more than the $50 fee, please visit our donation page.
Memberships renew annually on the month that you have signed up. You will receive an email at the beginning of the month to remind you to renew your membership.