The City of Calgary is hosting a Climate Symposium Panel.
Climate change is a complex challenge that can seem overwhelming. This panel discussion and demonstration will demystify individual actions Calgarians can take to reduce contributions to climate change, such as switching to renewable energy, home energy efficiencies and upgrades, active commuting, electric vehicles, local food and more.
Each Panelist will provide a short presentation on a specific action that citizens can take to reduce GHGs (EV, Solar, active commuting, etc.), followed by a Panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Megan Lohmann, Head of Community Energy Management for Community Energy Association
- Rod Olson, Owner and Farmer, Leaf & Lyre.
- Lindsay Bliek Active Transportation blogger and influencer in Calgary
- Kristina Groves Olympic medallist and solar enthusiast or Ben Thibeault Executive Director at Solar Energy Society of Alberta
- Elan de Laforest, Executive Director of Passive House Alberta
Paired with this event, there will be several demos/booths set up in the Atrium.
Do you like this page?