This is a call to action!
On November 29, 2019, individuals from all walks of life will come together to strike for climate action.
Fridays for Future Calgary is a growing movement, we encourage everyone to come out and build upon the momentum from previous global strikes. FridaysforFuture.ca — “Millions of us will walk out of our workplaces and homes to join young climate strikers on the streets and demand an end to the age of fossil fuels. Our house is on fire — let’s act like it. We demand climate justice for everyone.”
A code of conduct:
Fridays for Future Calgary is the organizer for this event, and they have set roles for their group during their strikes. If anyone wishes to speak or lead chants, they ask that the individual or group contacts them for more information. They also ask for older participants to not overpower the youth voice!
Fridays for future also does not condone violence of any sort.
We encourage individuals to dress warmly! Dress for at least ten degrees below actual temperatures. We want our strikers to be as safe as possible.
We acknowledge that we are on the land of the Treaty 7 Nations and, as such, are all Treaty people. This place is known as Mohkinsstis or Meechispa, and is on the ancestral lands of the Nitsatapi Confederacy, îyarhe Nakoda, and Tsuut'ina, and is also part of Métis Nation Region 3.
For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/525782478179757/
Ideas for banners & signs:
Climate basics: 350.org/science
Myths vs facts: SkepticalScience.com
Climate change fear, denial: Google.ca/...
Fridays for Future (every Friday) GoodWork.ca/Fridays
- How to Climate Strike / Promo toolkit / Organize your own (source)
- Do students have the right to strike? Human right to strike | Academics voice support | Right to strike | Nobel Peace Prize Nomination
- Adults: How to stand with young climate strikers
- “Now we need adults to join us too” – Greta Thunberg and 46 youth activists
- Cities & towns across Canada & Worldwide:
- Or search for "Fridays for Future" or "climate strike" and the name of your city or town
- Many events aren't yet listed...
Dates & links will be updated as time allows... for more see: fridaysforfuture.ca/event-map/
- Toronto — Fridays for Future Toronto | Weekly | Nov 13 | Nov 29
- Ottawa — Fridays for Future Ottawa | Nov 29 — Black Friday | Ottawa schools)
- Kitchener-Waterloo ON — Climatestrikewr.ca | Guelph ON: Guelph Fridays | Nov 29
- Vancouver — Sustainabiliteens (previous) | Climate Convergence Metro Vancouver
- Victoria BC — see Fridaysforfuture.ca | (previous) | (previous)
- Edmonton — see Fridaysforfuture.ca | (previous)
- Calgary — Fridays for Future Calgary | Nov 29
- Winnipeg — see Fridaysforfuture.ca | (previous)
- Montreal — La planete s'invite a l'universite
- Halifax — see Fridaysforfuture.ca | previous: Facebook | The Coast
- More — Abitibi-Témiscamingue – Acton – Barrie – Belleville – Calgary – Campbell River – Chatham-Kent – Collingwood – Courtenay – Duncan – Edmonton – Fredericton – Gatineau – Georgetown – Greenwood – Guelph – Halifax – Hamilton – Joliette – Kamloops – Kimberley – Kingston – Kitchener-Waterloo – Laval – Lethbridge – London – Mission – Montreal – Nanaimo – Nelson – North Bay – Ottawa – Peterborough – Pokemouche – Québec City – Regina – Rimouski – Sherbrooke – St. Catharines – St. John's – St. Thomas – Surrey – Swan River – Thunder Bay – Toronto – Trois-Rivières – UBC – Vancouver – Victoria – Victoriaville – Whistler – Whitby – Williams Lake – Winnipeg – Wolfville – Yellowknife / More: https://fridaysforfuture.ca/event-map/
Do you like this page?