Nature-lovers, urban foresters, gardeners and greenthumbs, we invite you to join us for a Mini-Forest planting event in SE Calgary.
Sunday 10th of September, 12 noon to 4pm
At The Calgary Centre for Spiritual Living,
4411 Manitoba Rd SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4B9
What to bring:
- closed-toed shoes/boots
- sun protection eg. hat/sunscreen/sunglasses
- refillable water bottle
- shovel/trowel and/or rake marked with name
- gardening gloves marked with name
- any personal medical requirements, eg Epi pen or allergy medication (bee stings, seasonal allergies)
- folding or other chair for sitting during breaks (optional)
What to expect:
- physical exertion, walking uphill, carrying plants or equipment, digging and watering,
- light tasks will be available for people who are unable to do physical labor
We are also looking for 10 Team Leads! Are you...
- an experienced gardener/tree planter
- available on Saturday September 9th to work on plant/tree organizing and to help with the grid area
- available Sunday September 10th to lead a team of four planters
If you are available to be a team lead please contact Rob Miller [email protected]
Do you like this page?