Bowmont Park Tree Planting - Green thumb volunteers wanted!
Join the Parks Calgary and the Calgary Climate Hub Nature Node for a community tree planting event in Bowmont Park on October 2nd, from 11am to 2pm.
Multiple species of trees and shrubs will be planted to add biodiversity to a grassy area west of the Silver Springs off leash park. Please arrive on time as Parks Calgary will be providing a briefing for participants. The briefing will include a safety talk, a project overview and a planting demo.
This is an all ages event that involves some digging, although not all participants need to dig.
- Parks Calgary will be providing shovels.
- There is some uneven ground and tall grass in the area.
- Children are welcome and can be involved in planting smaller shrubs, filling in soil and spreading wildflower seeds.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and we recommend long pants. (Anyone wearing open-toed footwear will not be able to participate due to safety regulations.)
- Work gloves or gardening gloves are recommended. Please bring your favourite pair.
- Please bring any desired snacks and beverages. We will have additional drinking water available.
- We’ll be planting rain or shine so please dress appropriately for the weather. Only heavy snowfall will cause the event to be canceled.
- You can park at the off-leash parking lot or on the street near the planting site. See map (below) for where to find us. Red star marks the spot where we will be planting.
Join us for a fun outdoor activity that will help Calgary expand its urban forests!
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP.
Do you like this page?